Cooperative “Chernomorka” was established in 1950 in the city of Burgas. The main purpose of the cooperative is to provide jobs to persons with disabilities in the city and the region. The main activity of „Chernomorka” is manufacturing of baby and children’s clothing for children of age up to 8 years. Managers, designers and workers create children’s fashion, which is comfortable, practical and ergonomic. The garments are with original design and consistently high quality, meeting the requirements of international standards. They are made of 100% natural materials, ecologically clean, easy to use and durable. The cooperative has the facilities to perform also specific customer orders.
Cooperative “Chernomorka” won five golden medals at the International Fair for Consumer Goods and Technologies in the city of Plovdiv in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010.
The efforts of the management are to enhance the rest work capacity of the employed persons with disabilities.
The social commitment is supported with concrete measures, among which:
– twice a year – medical rehabilitation at the NUWPC’s holiday homes;
– in case of bad meteorological conditions, the cooperative provides the transportation to the workplace and back etc. employing its own vehicles.
The persons with disabilities in the team are actively involved in each stage of the process of production. This gives self-confidence, enables persons with disabilities to feel fully able to develop their creative potential. They feel satisfied that their work is appreciated and have their own contribution to the success of the cooperative, that they are involved in the implementation of the common objectives
The main activity of KT „Chernomorka” covers:
– manufacturing of baby and children’s clothing of textile and knitwear for children of up to 8 years old;
– manufacturing of women’s clothing under contracting on commission;
– bookbinding services: classical binding of diplomas, the State Gazette, textbooks, accounting documents, journals, books, magazines, records; making of folders, menus, certificates; backing; creasing; cardboard, etc.
The cooperative has a quality certificate under ISO 9001:2008.
– KT „Chernomorka” provides sustainably over 60 workplaces, 48% of which persons with disabilities. Despite the challenges, the labour productivity is not an obstacle to achieving high results annually:
– more than 100 new models developed annually, of which more than 85% are implemented in the production and realized on the market;
– maintaining of high volumes of loading the production capacity with own production – 80%, and 20% additional loading with contracting on commission ensure rhythmicality in the production process.
– the 15% growth of the average brutto salary for the last reporting period is part of the upward trend of this indicator in the last 7 years;
The cooperative obtained exceptional recognition with the nomination for the most successful project under OP “Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy” 2007-2013 with essential social effect for 2013
The cooperative distributes its production under its own brand name “Small fashion” by distributors in Sofia and Plovdiv, direct sales in Varna, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Pazardzhik, Karlovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Shumen and Yambol. KT “Chernomorka” has two retail outlets in the city of Burgas.
The cooperative’s products have won many awards, among which five honorary diplomas and gold medals and – two in the 24th and one in the 26th International Fair for Consumer Goods and Technologies in Plovdiv. The greatest acknowledgment KT “Chernomorka” obtained from its customers – a recognition that has become its motto “We not only produce clothing, we deliver delight to the children and tranquillity to their mothers.”